1. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
2. strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
3. strong sexual desire; lust.
mys·ter·y [mis-tuh-ree, -tree]
1. One that is not fully understood or that baffles or eludes the understanding; an enigma
2. One whose identity is unknown and who arouses curiosity
3. A mysterious character or quality
1. to arouse the curiosity or interest of by unusual, new, or otherwise fascinating or compelling qualities; appeal strongly to; captivate: The plan intrigues me, but I wonder if it will work.
2. to achieve or earn by appealing to another’s curiosity, fancy, or interest: to intrigue one’s way into another’s notice.
3. to entangle